Sunday, February 16, 2020

Lock-down

I fly often.  I have never been in a locked-down terminal before last week.  We were returning from vacation and had just returned on Southwest in Cleveland Hopkin's terminal B.  When we reached the end of the terminal exiting into the remainder of the airport, the entrance was blocked by a closed sliding door.  TSA wasn't really making an effort to explain why we were all suddenly prisoners.  I never eat before traveling so being locked in an airport terminal with the awful food choices of Quaker Steak (why are they still in business) and Subway (ewww),  I was unhappy.  The door partially opened and closed a few times.  I started wondering about getting close and trying one of those movie slides under the door as it was closing,  I don't think TSA would have been too happy.  Speaking of TSA, they offered no explanation for the behavior and impromptu lock-down.


The gate eventually opened and we were released from lock-down to go about our business.  The lock-down was long enough that our bags were riding the luggage carousel when we arrived.  From the usual Hopkins airport performance that means about 30 minutes.

No comments: